[QtMoko v26] online via GPRS

Marcel Meyer meyerm-om01 at fs.tum.de
Sat Sep 18 18:40:02 CEST 2010

Hi,

I tried QtMoko in it's latest incarnation as the changelog said the GPRS-
handling got improved :-) . I stumbled upon the following things:

* In the chat file there is a " missing at the end of the first line. So you
always have to edit that file by hand after you opened the settings in the
GUI.

* "on demand" does not seem to work. When I use NeronGPS and a map is missing,
it seems as GPRS _tries_ to get online but that's all ;-)

* Staying online over a longer period of time seems to lead to a complete
failure of the GPRS-stack so that I have to reboot the Neo to be able to get
online again.

* Choosing "always on" leads to the phone trying to get online after booting
and then hangs on the QtMoko-startscreen (after entering the PIN) when it
tries to get online.

* Starting the phone without SIM does not work. After trying to switch to the
GUI it just stays on a black screen. I tried that to prevent the phone going
online.

* I meanwhile managed to immediately switch to the internet settings after
rebooting the phone (hard-reset) and deactivate the GPRS-connection before
QtMoko managed to get online.

Greetings,
Marcel