[QtMoko v26] GSM Multiplexer (GPRS)

Alex Samorukov ml at os2.kiev.ua
Sun Sep 19 14:06:41 CEST 2010

On 09/19/2010 01:44 PM, Radek Polak wrote:

>> 1) compiled latest gsm0710muxd on debian (i know that there is
>> fso-abyss, but i got some problems on compilation, gsm0710 is much easer
>> to build, so i started with it).
>>
> Hi Alex,
> what about using the multiplexer in kernel? We will probably need quite recent
> kernel but otherwise do see any problem with it? It was commited in mainline
> kernel - i think it's this commit [1]

I think that its very good idea - because it will be supported by
community and also speed should be better then in user-land process
(less userland-kernel jumps). Its interesting, how easy is to backport
it to the current kernel. Also its currently in experimental status, so
not sure how stable it is (but its not hard to be more stable then
qtopia multiplexer ;)). It will also require to use another serial port
driver in qtopia device profile, but its not a problem at all. May be i
will try it.