Testing freerunner's audio quality

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Sep 23 06:47:10 CEST 2010

Hi,
the problem is the bass. Initially, It was difficult to hear differences
by playing two sounds one after the other. So until you have listened
music on a bass fixed Freerunner, you would say it is quite ok.

I was only able to hear the difference after taking one original Freerunner
and one with Bass-Fix applied. After a while you get that there *is* a
difference in low frequencies.

What I have done is this test: create a sinus sweeping from 10 to 100 hz.
Without bass fix you can't hear it before it comes to the 50 hz range.

sox -n -t wav - synth 10 sine 10-100 >file.wav

This can be seen on scope outputs as shown here:

http://freeyourphone.de/portal_v1/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1723&p=17279&hilit=bass+fix#p17251

Can you please compare you device?

One effect may also be the input impedance of your line card. Did you connect
it in parallel to a headset?

BR,
Nikolaus