qtmoko v27

Alex Samorukov ml at os2.kiev.ua
Sat Sep 25 22:10:55 CEST 2010

On 09/25/2010 09:53 PM, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:

> At least here the RTC drifts so fast (6 seconds per hour) that I don't
> even try to keep it in sync. Instead I predict what the RTC will read
> at a given time using a simple linear model. I sent a patch to add
> --predict option to hwclock and upstream included it some time this
> year.

Thank you for update. How did you measure this drift? Anyway, i don`t
see that its a big issue. E.g. i have a daily alarm set, so in a worst
case (phone was in a standby mode, no calls/sms`s) i will wakeup 3
minutes later :) If phone will wake up 3 minutes before than its also
not a problem - on a standby alarm will be setup again, so it will just
wake up 3 minutes later.

hwclock changes are not important for qtmoko, because rtc driver
controls /dev/rtc elusively (its very easy to change, but i don`t think
that it needs to be changed).
> Note that busybox syslog silently truncates long lines (debian bug
> #519356).

Thank you, need to check. If it is - then its a serious argument against
this change. Do you know any other syslogd with in-memory buffer?