[Shr-User] [SHR-T] Images from 29th of May

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 00:02:56 CEST 2010

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Some things I've noticed that propably exist also in the latest unstable images:
>>> 1) Importing contacts from SIM sometimes imports only partial number,
>>> the last digit is missing
>>> 2) The contacts are sorted case-sensitively: [A-Z][a-z]: Alpha is the
>>> first, alpha is then somewhere in the middle, after Zulu.
>>> 3) Same issue as 2) - but with home view & icons: Ventura and Zorro
>>> are listed before alpha and omgps
>>> 4) Iliwi is missing a button to disconnect from a network
>>> 5) SIM manager doesn't sort contacts alphabetically
>>>
>>> But seems to work for phone calls quite well.
>>
>> Because of rather positive feedback, I would like to sync it to public feeds
>> this week (ie friday).
>>
>> If you see some terrible bug, scream now and then send patch.
>
> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGH. That's the scream. But sorry, can't
> send you a patch.
> One show stopper, the rest can go as 'known issues':
>  - importing contacts from SIM doesn't finish clean - some numbers are
> either not imported or are missing the last digit -> contacts unusable
>
> Known issues:
> - 'can't add contact' -message every now and then when opening
> contacts. Not sure but I'd think this affecting the adding of contacts
> - things listed above

Well nothing changed for a while..
so to "release" those images at least sooner than 4 months after build
I've just moved

http://build.shr-project.org/shr-testing/
http://build.shr-project.org/shr-testing.old/
and
http://build.shr-project.org/shr-testing/
now contains those images and feeds from end of May 2010.

If you don't want to use fsogsmd or fear too much about possible bugs just don't
opkg update && opkg upgrade
or edit your /etc/opkg/*feed.conf to point to shr-testing.old instead
of shr-testing.

Other shr-t "releases" will be hopefully prepared by someone else.. :).

Regards,