qtmoko v34 BlueTooth regressions

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Apr 1 13:22:26 CEST 2011

On Friday 01 April 2011 01:37:41 Alfa21 wrote:

> themes and other apps are not included in apt repository, so they are not
> upgraded.

Still on my TODO ;-)

> new (34-1) qtmoko and linux packages are not digitally signed
> and we get an untrusted warning.

I think they are signed ok (see e.g. [1]) , maybe there is missing key on
Freerunner for verifying them.

> a regression, not against v33 but maybe since the bluez4 upgrade:
> in paired devices when we connect an headset/handsfree there is no longer
> the green ball near the active one and if you have more than one device
> listed it's difficult to know which one is enabled.

I know about this one. IIRC i just couldnt find bluez4 call for this. I filled
bug about this and I hope i can fix this later.

> another regression always in bt is when you enable an headset/handsfree and
> gta goes to suspend mode loosing the connection, on incoming calls the bt
> connection is not re-established on wake and you have to answer from the
> phone.

Are you sure this was working before? I have filled bug anyways.

> also, IIRC, older versions of qtmoko (~v19?) when an handsfree was active,
> the profile was automatically switched to "car" and that was nice because
> an user could configure a different power management to disable the
> suspend also if on battery: in fact when gta suspends it looses the
> connection to the handsfree and it's not possible to make calls managed by
> the external (bt) system.

I have filled again bug so that this does not get forgotten. Maybe you could
try enable suspending only when screen is locked for now.

Regards

Radek

[1] http://qtmoko.sourceforge.net/debian/linux-2.6-qtmoko_v34-1.dsc