Qtmoko and u-boot

Ed Kapitein ed at kapitein.org
Fri Apr 1 17:00:21 CEST 2011

On Friday 01 April 2011 14:52:02 David Matthews wrote:
> >I had a few problems with several uSD cards lately and i am trying to
> >figure out what is going wrong.
> >It used to be much more stable than it is now, i have massive file system
> >corruption on a weekly basis.
> >So i decided to downgrade to u-boot (was using qi) and back to an old
> >andy- tracking kernel. Also i reverted back to xorg-server using the
> >fbdev driver instead of the glamo driver.
>
> Ed - do you have a nand install and are the problems occurring after a
> reboot? If so it's probably the same issue I posted about several weeks
> back - I did post a work around as well, which for me at least, works
> fine.

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply, but my situation is different.
I have qtmoko on nand and gentoo on uSD, and qi as a bootloader to choose
between the two,
Even without rebooting the FR it start to mess up my uSD card filesystem.
sometimes files that are unreadable are just fine after a reboot, sometimes the
files are really messed up and need to be restored.
It might well be that the glamo is getting bad or that there is another kind
of hardware failure going on.

I tried using ext2fs and ext3fs but hat does not change anything.

ATM i am booting the SD card form nor boot and qtmoko from qi.
But i would like to be able to use nand u-boot to boot from the SD card and
from nand.

Kind regrads,
Ed