Navit problem?

Sven Hartrumpf hartrumpf at gmx.net
Sat Apr 9 12:11:19 CEST 2011

Hi.

Fri, 08 Apr 2011 21:26:31 +0200, pini wrote:
>> I am trying Navit for the first time and followed these instructions:
>>
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/QtMoko#Navit_Installation
>>
>> Works fine, but after the suggested reboot, I just see
>> "Enter PIN the press Unlock" (no numbers field as usual).
>> The screen and the buttons do not react in any way.

I had to flash again :-(

> IIUC qtmoko is based on Debian. Why not install

Because I trusted the Wiki page :-)
Could someone knowledgable update the Navit section, please?
(OK, _if_ I get Navit working (see below), I could do this myself.)

> Navit from the
> appropriate Debian repository?

OK. I tried this now.

The following works without adjusting repositories:

apt-get install navit

When I started QX from the GUI I had to install an X server.
Which one is recommended? (Xorg or Xglamo?)
I tried both, but with no success (I saw Raptor install packages,
but no error message; it could be that the root fs is full now).

So, I tried

apt-get install xserver-xorg

which worked, but starting xterm (or navit) from QX leads to:

"Unable to connect to X server"

Ciao
Sven