qtmoko v35

Jens Seidel jensseidel at users.sf.net
Sat Apr 9 18:27:51 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 05.04.2011 09:24, schrieb Radek Polak:
> i have uploaded new stable qtmoko v35 images to sourceforge now [1].

thanks for the new version. I think it is the best distribution for
OpenMoko nevertheless I'm sure the device is still not useable as phone :-(

My observations:
  * SMS are recieved after reboot only (wasn't this fixed long time
    ago?)
  * Imported SMS from the SIM card are put into Inbox, even SMS I sent
    (expected them in "Sent"). I also cannot move them manually.
  * As usual it is not possible to write SMS with the integrated
    keyboard as it misses many characters (non-English locale).
    I prepared months ago an ugly patch for this but could never test it
    as I always fail to compile QtMoko (configure requires days!!!!,
    some stuff (such as Qt) is build without need, ...). Maybe it's now
    easier using the Debian packages but I really doubt that I will try
    it again, maybe with the new GTA04.

My last QtMoko installation died some days after the installation (v31
or v32) with an ubifs related error. Is there anything known about this
or should I expect it again?

Jens