Bluetooth keyboards

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Sun Apr 10 19:24:49 CEST 2011

>Hi all.
Howdy

>Will bluetooth keyboards work with the freerunner (qtmoko)?
Well. It's a fully featured linux.
I recently bought a bluetooth headset.
Works like charm together with my FreeRunner (SHR)
Shouldn't be SUCH a problem to also get it running
under QtMoko and so I guess something simple as a keyboard
will even be less tinkering to get it working.
I bet there are thousand and one HowTos around.

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/howto-setup-bluetooth-keyboard-and-mouse-in-ubuntu.html

Bluetooth+HCID is the keyword

>I am especially interested in the
>"Freedom Pro Bluetooth Keyboard",
>but recommendations are welcome :-)
Yes.

>An alternative could be the one from the wiki:
>http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Freedom_Slim_Keyboard
>But there is no mention of qtmoko support?
The distro only has to serve the needed bt-tools,
then everything will work.

>Ciao
>Sven
best regards