Another open hardware mod experiment: RFID-tag/Reader board for the Freerunner, Nanonote (?) and Beagleboard

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Apr 11 10:43:54 CEST 2011

Am 11.04.2011 um 09:59 schrieb Denis Shulyaka:

> Hi Nikolaus,
>
> Great news!
>
> Here in Moscow, some of the tickets to public transport are basically
> RFID tags. Will I be able to "copy" them and use my Free Runner for it
> with this hardware?

Difficult to say.

There are three potential issues whiy it could not work:
* our board is 13.56 MHz (other RFID systems use different frequencies)
* our board supports two protocol standards (they may use a different one)
* the RFID system may be copy protected and/or encrypted with the tag id (and you can't change a tag id)