Another open hardware mod experiment: RFID-tag/Reader board for the Freerunner, Nanonote (?) and Beagleboard

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Apr 12 22:24:51 CEST 2011

Am 11.04.2011 um 23:16 schrieb W. B. Kranendonk:

> Does this kind of antenna need to have right-angled corners, as in the photo? Or is that shape easier sculpted in the PCB?

Well, the shape should cover an inside area as big as
possible. And fit onto a given rectangular shape. The width
and the distance of the traces is defined.

This all leads to sharp right angles.

But I don't know if that is the best setup and TI also recommends
it in their EVM and antenna design guide.

Nikolaus