GSM Firmware Flashed, now UBIFS problem and Kernel Panic

W. B. Kranendonk wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 13:48:15 CEST 2011

--- On Thu, 4/14/11, Dave <dave.tv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Raphael Wimmer
> <raphael.wimmer at ifi.lmu.de> wrote:
> > If there is a better solution that preserves the FS,
> > I would be happy to learn about it.
> I wonder if it would be possible to boot into a distro on the sd card
> and mount the nand partitions. Then you could save /home. Just a thought.

Yes, it is: just mount  -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock6 /mountpoint

I haven't used it for ubifs yet though; I just tried on qtmoko 33(?) and got a wrong filesystem error on mounting; not sure which fs I'm using, I tried jffs2 as well which I killed after half a minute. jffs2 can take a while to scan the flash, but when I used it that way before, it would be done in some 7 seconds (on SHR).

lsmod | grep ub does not give any results;
lsmod | grep jff gives a single result on my currently running system.

I hope it helps a bit,

Boudewijn