[qtmoko] Contacts and SMS, how do they work ?

Xavier Cremaschi omega.xavier at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 13:05:24 CEST 2011

Hi folks,
I am trying to use v35 from sdcard, to see if I can migrate from SHR.
And I need information about contacts and sms management in qtmoko.

- How can I import contacts from .vcf file with long names + utf-8
encoding ?
- If I do a bad manipulation, how can I do a rollback ? (restore an
empty db, remove all junk entries without doing it one by one) ?
- How can I hide or disable contacts from sim card ? I only want to use
the one from my .vcf file (I manage them on my computer with kontact)
- How can I hide or disable SMS from sim card ? I only want to use the
sqlite database, not the sim card.

I tried to import a vcf file with something like :
DISPLAY=:0 LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/qtmoko/lib /opt/qtmoko/bin/addressbook
/tmp/addressbook.vcf
but :
- I see truncated names
- bad encoding (problem with é ï É...)
and I don't know if what I see is what I imported or what lies on my sim
card.

Thanks for help,
Xavier.