ROS on Freerunner

W. B. Kranendonk wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 11:17:18 CEST 2011

--- On Tue, 4/19/11, Neil Jerram <neiljerram at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Am 19.04.2011 um 09:46 schrieb
> Jan Tuennermann:
>
> > Right now I'm trying to get a gpsd_client node to run
> on the OpenMoko. On a
> > remote PC a gpsd_viewer node will run, subscribing
> gpsFix messages which it

> viewer: note that this is very similar to using the
> OpenMoko as a GPS
> receiver and exporting that information to another device
> over
> Bluetooth.

Apart from exporting over Bluetooth, will you have an IP connection between the devices? I guess so, how else to receive *any* info in the viewer :-)

Anyway: using foxtrotgps for example, I enter the port for gpsd. I always expected it to default to localhost if nothing else was supplied; I recall using tangogps on a laptop configured to connect to IP:port of the Freerunner that was traveling with family and connected via GPRS. That's a while ago though and time and alcohol made the memory not too detailed ;-)

Boudewijn