ROS on Freerunner

Jan Tuennermann tuennermann at get.uni-paderborn.de
Wed Apr 20 11:12:08 CEST 2011

Hi Neil, hi Boudewijn,

thanks for the suggestions. I understand that there are probably more
usefull ways to get GPS info out of the Moko. Right now I'm trying it in
the context of creating a complete ROS integration, so that all the
phone's sensors will publish their information as ROS messages. This
will be useful for using the phone as a control unit on a robot, but
probably not  for it's original intention as a phone ;)
I think the one could easily forward the port gpsd uses to run tangogps
on a remote PC. That's probably what you described, Boudewijn. Did the
GPRS connection prove reliable enough for this?

Jan

--
  M.Sc. Jan  T U E N N E R M A N N   _________________________________

                                               University of Paderborn

					  Faculty of Computer Science
                                Electrical Engineering and Mathematics
                                                               GET Lab

  phone: +49/ (0)5251/ 60 - 2219                         Pohlweg 47-49
  fax:   +49/ (0)5251/ 60 - 3238                     D-33098 Paderborn

					 Faculty of Cultural Sciences
					     Department of Psychology
							       PsyLab

  phone: +49/ (0)5251/ 60 - 2907                  Warburger Straße 100
  fax:   +49/ (0)5251/ 60 - 3528			    D-33098 Paderborn

  email: tuennermann at get.uni-paderborn.de