Article: What happened to real open source phones?

dmatthews.org mail at dmatthews.org
Sat Apr 23 09:12:29 CEST 2011

> I tried it but then I can't get a USB connection to 192.168.0.202 . .
> which I need for x11vnc etc . .

I'm finding that is problematical with the stable v35 kernel also; the only way I can make the desktop recognize a usb0 is by rebooting it with the phone already connected.

That is not reliable either, sometimes I have to reboot the desktop several times. Since I switched from ubuntu lucid to squeeze (on the desktop) around the same time as going from v26 to v34/35 on the phone, I'm not 100% on which one has the problem :)

--
David Matthews
mail at dmatthews.org