Tangogps?

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Thu Aug 25 21:19:45 CEST 2011

Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindfors at iki.fi> writes:

> "Iain B. Findleton" <ifindleton at videotron.ca> writes:
> > Anybody have info on what happened to tangogps or who is maintaining
> > it these days? I am having rouble building it with the OM tool chain.
>
> You might want to switch to foxtrotgps, which is fork of tangogps. It
> has a bug tracker, public Vcs, IRC channel

Yes :)

> and is also in debian and ubuntu.

and Gentoo, and SHR (and their upstream, OpenEmbedded, I think),
and the FreeBSD Ports collection--and possibly elsewhere;
those are just the systems shipping it that I know about
(if anyone knows of someone else shipping it, let us know--
 I'd like to maintain a list of places where pre-built
 [and pre-integrated] packages are available).

I don't know what's happening with tango--Marcus does seem to have
`fallen off the map', so to speak.

Iain, if you have any suggestions, criticisms, patches, or other
contributions that you can offer, we'd love to hear it :)
I try to keep the FoxtrotGPS bzr history as orderly as possible,
so Marcus and anyone else should be able to pick any specific
improvements out from it for tangoGPS if they want.