Tangogps?

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Thu Aug 25 23:00:52 CEST 2011

"Iain B. Findleton" <ifindleton at videotron.ca> writes:

> Tks. I am thinking to try my hand at souping up the performance a bit
> on my OM. If I have any success I will advise.

We actually have some major performance-related stuff in the works--
mainly replacing all of the core map-management with John Stowers'
osm-gps-map library (which also, coincidentally, spun off from tangoGPS).
It's slow going, though: most of the work is basically done, but
the patch-series that we got was difficult to integrate. I do want
to give the author credit for his work, however, so I've (slowly) been
picking his changes apart (with a notebook), splitting them into
more easily-understood & -integrated bite-sized chunks with more
understandable ordering, and committing them into a preliminary
branch.

I guess I should open a bug in the bug-tracker for this,
to increase the visibility....

> Some aspects of the program design made tangogps a little
> inconvenient for me.

Drop by #foxtrotgps on Freenode, some time.

I'm in the US Eastern timezone, available during my evenings
on most weekdays; I'm `on vacation' from today through the
coming weekend, though--which means that I have more time
to do FoxtrotGPS work and chat on IRC during the day; and
lindi (Timo) and the others have other timezones covered :)

> Getting the libraries set up is my current activity so that I can get
> a build environment going.

Which toolchain, specifically, are you using?