GTA04 Group Buy - Status

Iain B. Findleton ifindleton at videotron.ca
Fri Dec 2 15:23:57 CET 2011

What is the status of the GTA04 graphics chip implementation. I have
done a lot of work on the GTA02 with my graphics based apps, and the
main issue for me is the very poor graphics performance with the chip in
use on that platform. I run the apps over the USB link to any PC using
X, and the performance of the app is quite satisfactory. On the GTA02
screen itself, its very poor to the extent that its not useful.

Is the new board using the same graphics interface, or can the new board
do some reasonable level of smooth display and animation?