GTA04 openness/freedom (was GTA04 Group Buy - Status)

Michael Sokolov msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Fri Dec 2 17:53:15 CET 2011

Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> With my wooden case i had fully working phone - only single part
> that was from GTA02 was the speaker + microphone. I really dont
> think this is big problem.

Yes, and if I wanted to do the same thing (use a self-made wooden
case), I could have done it just as well with my own APH01 PCBA
(quad-band Calypso based on the liberated Leonardo+ schematics)
rather than GTA04.

So I still disagree with your reasoning chain of

(shortage of existing GTA02 units) -> (GTA04 is the only solution)

MS