wiki spam - urgent

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Mon Dec 5 03:23:40 CET 2011

> We also need more people to be granted erase permissions, i think it is
> clear from the logs who contributes and is eligible.

I apologize, it's not clear to me but I will add erase or admin
permissions if you give me a list of user names.

I do not believe this solves the bigger problem though, even though
the spam deletion efforts are truly amazing. Over on the Qi wiki, we
have a much more recent MediaWiki 1.18 or so with visual math captcha
etc. I think very soon the Openmoko community has to make a decision
whether we want to upgrade the MediaWiki version and include the
latest spam fighting extensions, or turn the entire wiki into a
read-only resource.

Thanks a lot for speaking up, and helping keep the Openmoko wiki
clean...
Cheers,
Wolfgang