NetBSD-current for openmoko GTA02

Nick Sheppard nshep at attglobal.net
Thu Dec 8 19:15:37 CET 2011

On 06/12/11 23:11, Peter Tworek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For some time now I've been spending some of my free time on getting
> NetBSD running on my Freerunner.

At last someone bringing NetBSD to the Freerunner!  I've been waiting
for the day when I can point to my phone and casually say "Of course it
runs NetBSD ...".  Thank you!

I'm only a tinkerer myself, but some years ago I enjoyed getting NetBSD
running on an old Blue & White Mac G3. I was really impressed by the
enthusiasm and helpfulness of the NetBSD community, and by their mission
to make it run on every possible hardware, down to toasters if possible.
It always seemed to me that the Freerunner would make a great project
(if I only had the time and the skill). So I'm really happy to see what
you're doing.

One question now - what about the GTA04?  Looking at NetBSD development,
it seems that people are already working on ports to current OMAP and
BeagleBoard type hardware.  Does this mean that a port to the GTA04
would be relatively straightforward?  Or is this too good to be true?

Thanks again for letting us know what you're doing,

Nick Sheppard