FBReader and other apps for QtMoko

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Dec 12 00:47:35 CET 2011

Hi,
i have now uploaded FBReader port to qtmoko. For now it's quite ugly hack, but
i think it can work quite well.

Please read the page:

	http://qtmoko.sourceforge.net/apps/qtmoko-fbreader.html

before installing.

I think i have now figured out how to build regular QT apps for qtmoko without
having to port their build system to qbuild.

I am now doing it in qemu (you can download the base qemu image from
sourceforge).

First you have to build qtmoko from sources (dpkg-builpackage is the easiest
way). Then you remove all system Qt packages (they are for X11) and replace
them with qtmoko's Qt embedded (you need the files in build/qtopiacore/target
and sdk).

Then you should be able to quite easily build any Qt app since we are source
code compatible with X11-Qt.

To get QtMoko's look and style you have to replace QApplication with
QtopiaApplication.

You can see what i did for the fbreader:

It would be nice to make this procedure somehow nicer, but it's better then
nothing for now ;-)