Neo Freerunner as a controller

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Fri Dec 16 18:51:02 CET 2011

Hi,

fdvjoif at vodafone.it writes:
> I'm interested in the use of the Neo Freerunner as a controller, using
> its accelerometers, mainly to test a flight sim on my computer.
> I found the project openmokontrol, but is it still alive? I found
> references here [1] and here [2] but the project seems not mantained
> anymore.
> Are there similar softwares? Something for QtMoko?

I just streamed /dev/accelerometer-top data over wifi and generated fake
keypresses on my desktop. At least here it is really not something you
can enjoy. The accelerometer reports orientation of the phone only when
it is not moving. When you move the phone it will of course be skewed by
the acceleration.