Navit for QtMoko

Guilhem Bonnefille guilhem.bonnefille at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 15:12:45 CET 2011

2011/12/16 Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz>:
> On Friday 16 December 2011 14:21:31 Patryk Benderz wrote:
>
>> Dnia 2011-12-15, czw o godzinie 16:00 +0100, Radek Polak pisze:
>> > Hi,
>> > also navit is now ported to qtmoko.
>>
>> Did you ported it or was it someone else? Does it still use X server?
>> Anyway big thanks to those who did it. Navit was the most lacking app
>> for me on QtMoko.
>
> I have ported it - it was quite easy. It does not use X server. I uses qt
> painter that is drawing to framebuffer as all other qtmoko apps.

A really big thanks for this. Navit seems much more reactive on qtmoko
than on SHR.

But, the topic seems to need some more work for a better integration.
When I start navit, nothing occurs on GPS device part: nor power on,
nor GPSd launch. Did I missed something? Currently I imagine the
following solutions:
- use a script shell wrapper around navit to activate device, start
gpsd and fire navit (and undo all these when navit terminate)
- insert some specific code in navit for qtmoko, like NeronGPS does
(directly power on or off from code via
/sys/devices/platform/gta02-pm-gps.0/power_on)

This topic brings me an other question: what design for GPS related
tools? Raw device (like NeronGPS) or GPSd (like currently
pre-configured navit-qtmoko)?

Note: I'm still using qtMoko v35.

--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE