Openmoko Community Survey 2011 – Results

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed Dec 28 13:17:18 CET 2011

El día Wednesday, December 28, 2011 a las 12:06:23PM +0100, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller escribió:

> > On the hardware side the Om GTA02 is the clear winner (which was
> > expected). Surprisingly the Goldelico GTA04 is the 2nd most interesting
> > device in this community, even though very few people have one, yet.
>
> Well, I am not surprised that it is the 2nd most because it irons out many
> weaknesses of the GTA02 design.
>
> What more surprises me is that the figures are not higher. This indicates that
> 89-37 = 52% of the GTA02 owners are not (yet) interested in the GTA04 board.
>
> This makes me think what the reasons are?

I think some GTA02 users do not have the skills and/or toys (like me)
to change the board, i.e. they need a complete GTA04, but do (like me)
need the mobile every day, i.e. can't give away their GTA02
for a board switch for some days/weeks;

maybe you should offer a complete GTA04 with the option of refund some
part of the money when the old GTA02 is returned after delivery of the
GTA04?

just an idea

	matthias

PS: I'm thinking in buying a GTA04 :-)