Wrong date/ time in QtMoko v31 and v32

Alfa21 freerunner at my.is.it
Fri Feb 4 04:51:08 CET 2011

2011-01-30 at 19:00 Daniel MT
> Hey there.
> Every time I restart the system the date/ time is reseted to the epoch
> (using v31 and v32 installed on the sd card). While booting I get
> several suspicious messages like
> RTC_RD_Time: invalid argument
> or
> pcf50633-rtc pcf50633-rtc.0: hctosys: unable to read the hardware clock
>
> I attached the output of dmesg at http://pastebin.com/GUKUrCu6
>
> Any hint?, please.

1) hctosys and any access to the rtc in general is not possible while the qtmoko's AT daemon is running... stop qpe and kill it! :)

2) it resets to epoch if you remove the main battery and your backup battery is died, but if you do not remove the battery and you have a wrong date at reboot you just have to set correctly the rtc (1).

btw I do not understand why the qtmoko's at daemon do not allows the access to rtc and I think this is an issue.
I tried also to install the debian version of the at daemon, disabling the qtmoko's one (also creating symlinks to the other command), but I've serious problems with alarm/clock interface in qtmoko...

--
ALFA21 IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.