faenqo

Gennady Kupava gb at bsdmn.com
Mon Feb 7 09:28:26 CET 2011

В Пнд, 07/02/2011 в 09:42 +0100, cyberesprit at cyberesprit.fr пишет:
> Hello,
>
> I created 2 debs package for Faenqo :
> https://cyberesprit.fr/faenqo/faenqo_fr.deb [fr version]
> https://cyberesprit.fr/faenqo/faenqo_en.deb [en version]
>
> If it helps..
>
> Regards!
> cyberesprit

It helped at least here :)

Theme looks nice and fresh, special thanks for new 'waiting clock'
picture :)

Ok, now good and bad things: good that with this theme more space due to
reducing size of top and bottom element. Screen layout efficiency is
extremely important on small screens, qtmoko layout were quite
inefficient. Especially top is really better now.

Now, that is missing:
1. i see no current active application title on top,

2. and one old bug, present in all themes, where is no icon to 'close'
'help'. I only suddenly discovered that second empty space is 'close'
button, then set up qtmoko to show text instead of icons occasionally. I
guess this is leading to big frustration for new users (including me
then i saw qtmoko for the first time), cause new users usually press
'help' and then ooopps, they see no way how to close it :)

Speaking about widgets, ideas, and i think it may be good idea to
replace battery icon with number with mA*h, add up current_now, replace
GSM signal strength with LAC and dB indicators, add memory and cpu load
indicators. I think none of qtmoko users will be scared of 'dB' or 'mA',
but this is much more informative that 'three bars signal strength' or
'my battery is red', time of segment displays are far away but segments
are still popular somehow.

Gennady.