faenqo

Gennady Kupava gb at bsdmn.com
Mon Feb 7 10:04:51 CET 2011

В Вск, 06/02/2011 в 20:18 +0100, Radek Polak пишет:
> Neil Jerram wrote:
>
> > Although I have nothing but admiration for the way that Radek and his
> > contributors have been shepherding and improving QtMoko, I haven't
> > actually tried it recently because I find the default look too dull.
> > But your theme makes me feel like trying QtMoko again.

> First i tried to make theme packages with qtopia package system which looked
> promising (package was created easily), but then it turned out that this
> package system can install only to /home/root/packages and needs executable
> binary.
>
> So for now my plan is to make .deb package for each theme. I started learning
> debian packaging system and now i think i can do it.
>
> While learning debian packaging i made source package of qtmoko [1]. It does
> not have correct dependencies, but otherwise you can build qtmoko .deb package
> on PC host for ARM target. It's also possible to modify it for ARM package on
> ARM host (pass some more arguments to configure as described here [3]).
>
> While we are at it we could probably package all other qtmoko apps as .deb
> packages.

Hi Radek.

It is great idea to switch to packaging system of underlaying
distribution. Please don't change course to .deb, no need to introduce
several packaging systems, if we had fedora as underlaying distro, rpm
would be best idea.

The duplicate packaging system and ability to smoothly upgrade is the
most important thing i always missed in qtmoko.

Gennady