GTA04 hardware suggestion and discussions : 802.11n dual-band+Bluetooth+FM transceiver (Broadcom BCM4329)

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Mon Feb 7 23:05:16 CET 2011

On Sat, 2011-02-05 at 09:18 +0100, Glenn Moeller-Holst wrote:
> 9th January 2011, Bcm4329 driver source code:
> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=906628
> Quote: "...
> I tried many ways, last modified module name, unexpectedly
> successful, it is funny.
I wouldn't go for an android driver,
That driver doesn't have cfg80211.
It has only WEXT, and WEXT scanning(iwlist eth0 scan) doesn't work
because the scanning method is non-standard(iwpriv)

It could be modified to support scanning, but then what if a stack like
SHR or FSO start depending on libnl for wifi?

I think other drivers like wl1271 are better, they should be more
standard as they are integrated in the linux kernel.
wl1271 even supports AP mode.

wl1271 also has a redistributable firmware now.
>From Kconfig:
"
CONFIG_WL12XX:

This module adds support for wireless adapters based on TI wl1271 and
TI wl1273 chipsets. This module does *not* include support for wl1251.
For wl1251 support, use the separate homonymous driver instead.
"

Does the chip need to have android support too?

Denis.