GPRS and QtMoko (v32): can't

Gennady Kupava gb at bsdmn.com
Wed Feb 9 16:37:49 CET 2011

В Срд, 09/02/2011 в 16:17 +0000, David M. Danielsson пишет:
> > I can't reach the net from my OpenMoko GTA02 phone via GPRS, both in "Always
> > online" and "When needed" modes.
> > I'm currently using QtMoko v32 and Vodafone Italy is my provider (the apn is
> > mobile.vodafone.it on my Android phone).
> >
> > Is someone having the same issue? Could you help me, please?

For me it never worked, but i tested loong ago. I guess qtmoko needs
someone to review GPRS and wifi GUIs.

But atm, as fall-back, you can pure pppd, this is not as easy, but
should work.

I don't know if you familiar with GPRS in FR, so here is list of things
to consider (from my experience of using GPRS in plain debian):

1. Unusual part is 'gsm mux' which is need to have gprs and gsm at once
(i think neotool has such setting).

2. Also, due to some bugs here i have to do ping -i 10 <something> in
parallel to GPRS to have stable session.

3. Also sometimes session hangs (usually while heavy traffic, probably
due some bug in gsm chip), so you have to restart all pppd.

Guys with more experience can point to trac i guess :)

Gennady.