[QtMoko] chinese character support

Thomas Franck thomas.franck at gmx.com
Sat Feb 26 20:19:56 CET 2011

> Is there any way to enable chinese character support in QtMoko?
> I mean for reading SMS.. display of filenames.. etc..

OK.. I learned that if I ..
apt-get install ttf-wqy-zenhei
cp /usr/share/fonts/truetype/wqy/wqy-zenhei.ttf /opt/qtmoko/lib/fonts/

and reboot (or maybe just restart qpe, I can display chinese
characters.. in Textedit.. and also in the file lists.. so that works..

> maybe even pinyin predictive keyboard? (would look into that if it's
> possible to do.. ;))

Another thing is the pinyin keyboard that is in the sources.. but not
put in the image.. where do I trigger that?

currently I'm in the middle of getting things ready for a QtMoko
translation into zh_CN.. (thanks to my wife)

I would really love to contribute here.. but need help.. ;)

Cheers,
--
Thomas