GTA01 (Neo1973) questions

Marc Verwerft marc.js.verwerft at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 16:24:42 CET 2011

Hi list,

My intention is to 'revive' my Neo1973 to take it along for a 5-week trip. I
don't want to use it as a phone, just for it's GPS (maps) capabilities. I've
loaded SHR (lite) image but it takes up some much space that after a 'opkg
update' my device is 99% full.

So, some questions for the more knowledgeable:
- how do I get rid of all phone/SMS and contact apps? Is there an easy way
to figure this out? Or would I be beter off with a different distribution
altogether?
- I had a look at the gllin scripts - seems they've hadn't been kept inline
with the newest kernels. How do I start the gps chip nowadays? And would
gllin still work?
- I prefer to install either tangogps or foxtrotgps. Can I still use those
on the GTA01?

Regards,

Marc