ValaCompass - 3D compass application for the FRNB

Michele Brocco ssj2micvm at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 18:31:48 CET 2011

On 2/27/11, David Lanzendörfer <david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch> wrote:
> Hi
>>I released a proof-of-concept 3D compass application
> Nice work!
Thanks!

>>The GUI is not fancy at all
> You told me, that it's not fancy. But the screenshot hit me anyway.
> That's a bit spartanic, don't you think? ^.^"
You should believe what I write! :)
> I would have imagined something like this as a frontend:
> http://www.maissen.com/juwelier/images/meister_kompass.jpg
> A 3D animated compass would be so insanely cool ^.^
I do agree! But I currently dont want to face 3D texture rendering
issues. It's slow enough as it is now with this dumb vector
visualization :) once it will draw the lines with an acceptable
refresh rate maybe it will be worth trying. Or maybe someone here on
the list can provide infos on that.

regards,

Michele