QI kernel parameters

Phil Vandry vandry at TZoNE.ORG
Sun Jan 2 18:14:58 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 02, 2011 at 05:43:36PM +0100, Ed Kapitein wrote:
> I have a hard time with an SD card that will give errors whne running
> fsck, even right after an fresh mke2fs.

I have one of those too :-( The problem follows the μSD card, not
the Freerunner.

> Any other idea on how to supply kernel parameters while booting from NAND?

I needed to change the kernel command line and I found that it was easy to
do by changing Qi's source code. Qi is very small so it's not daunting to
modify and compiles in to time. All you need is a working toolchain.

- git clone git://git.openmoko.org/git/qi.git

- find the function append_device_specific_cmdline_gta02 in
src/cpu/s3c2442/gta02.c

You can just add something like

cmdline += strlen(strcpy(cmdline, " youroption=yourvalue"));

- make

- Use dfu-util to flash the result onto the Freerunner.

-Phil