QtMoko v31

Alexander Lehner lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de
Fri Jan 7 12:28:57 CET 2011

On Fri, 7 Jan 2011, sferic wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to use the new QtMoko v31 as my Dailly-Phone on NAND parallel
> to two other Distros and a big Documents-Partition on my SD-Card. Till v26 I
> could boot QtMoko over U-Boot 1.3.2-moko 12 (AUX + Power) and the other two
> over Qi (Power with or without AUX). With the new v31 this is no longer
> possible: When I try to boot v31 with U-Boot, I get the Message "No kernel
> Image" (or similar, the message shows only very short befor the U-Boot-Menu
> shows up again). From the Discussion around v28 I have learned, that I have
> to change the bootargs_base to use the new ubifs. I think, I have done this
> right (with the parameters from v28) but with no success. When I remove my
> SD-Card I can boot to v31 (with the new Qi).
>
> Please tell me the right parameters for U-Boot to use with v31 (and maybe
> the right way to set them, when I'm logged into U-Boot?  - sorry for this
> NOOB-Question...), or what else could be wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Sferic

I have exactly the same problem.
But I even cannot boot into Qt without sdCard.
Holding power longer prints some debug messages and the reason is,
that the ubifs could not be mounted.

The funny thing is, that it worked on another phone with the same set-up.
The only difference I found is the 'pcb_rev=0x001' environment setting of
u-boot...

Alex.