QtMoko v31

sferic sferic at gmx.net
Thu Jan 13 14:35:35 CET 2011

Thank you for the hint!.
I followed the references and boot v31 with Qi. For this I created the empty
file 'noboot-GTA02' and put it to /boot in the partitions for debian and
shr-u. This works just fine.
But:
After I use Debian on the 1st Partition and stopped it later and wanted to
start again QtMoko, Qi came in kernel panic. There was the message, that
mtdblocck6 can't be read (I don't  remember the the exact  content now).  I
suspect that wrong boot options had been created (in mtdblock6?) that do not
match with the file system for UBIFS. I had to reflash QtMoko completly
again (qi, kernel and filesystem).  Currently I do not want to start my
alternative distributions again because I fear the problem could occur
again. Is there perhaps another way to reconstruct the right Qi boot options
in this case than to reflash the freerunner?
Thanks in advance!
Sferic