QtMoko v31

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 17 11:34:27 CET 2011

On Monday 17 January 2011, giacomo 'giotti' mariani wrote:
> > Hi! thank you for this new release!
> > [...]
> > - a message to confirm that an sms was sent;
> > [...]
> >
> > greetings!
> > Joif
>
> Hi,
>     I think that SMS confirmation messages are a service offered by
> phone company (not for free).
> Moreover you can check in the draft folder in qtmoko messages
> application to see if your message has been put there as a consequence
> of a delivery problem.

I understood this to be a request for a notification of the form "message sent
to GSM provider" or "couldn't send message so I stuck it in the pending
queue/draft folder/wherever" so that you don't have to check the draft folder
each time to see whether the message actually made it to the network.

On the other hand FSO supports a wide variety of message status returns if
requested[1] so it could have been for a similar level of support.

[1]
http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=specs.git;a=blob_plain;f=html/org.freesmartphone.GSM.SMS.html;hb=HEAD#SendTextMessage