[shr] x86 toolchains

Michele Brocco ssj2micvm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 10:17:59 CET 2011

The usage is very similar to the old openmoko toolchain documented in
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Toolchain :
Extract the toolchain in the "/" directory
launch; . /usr/local/shr/arm/environment-setup

For shr-unstable you will need libtool 2.4 installed on your desktop.
For shr-testing I dont think yet but I am not sure.

thats it. You can use then for instance the arm-angstrom-gnueabi-gcc
crosscompiler. For installing additional libraries to the toolchain,
become root, relaunch the above command and use "opkg-target update;
opkg-target install libXXXXXXXX-dev" or similar.

Then you can for instance use autotools to setup your software project
and configure it with the --host= parameter (for unstable also the
--with-sysroot= parameter).

Cheers,

Michele