Freerunner won't charge

Ronald Tallent ron at tallent.ws
Tue Jul 5 17:49:19 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 15:05 +0400, Paul Fertser wrote:
> Replacing pcf50633? I'm not sure anyone has ever tried that, it's BGA
> iirc. Have you investigated other options?

The purpose of this thread was kind of to discover and explore those
"other options" if there are any. I'm out of my league here. If you have
suggestions of things to try please post them, I'd love some options at
this point. As it is my Freerunner is about to be a brick as I have no
way to charge the batteries other than in the unit and if I can't charge
them on the go then it's not going to be good for anything anyway even
if I had a battery charger.

Thanks for the links to the schematics Paul. I'm hopefully going to take
it to a local electronics repairman today and see if he has any ideas.
If I can get it repaired I'll post an update here.

--Ron