Some newbee questions about Qtmoko, navit, Vodafone GPRS and battery capacity

Sebastian Reinhardt snr at lmv-hartmannsdorf.de
Mon Jul 25 13:29:07 CEST 2011

Ok, the battery problem is gone and navit is working.
The last problem, GPRS connection with German Vodafone network, is
partially solved. I had started the QtMoko which was installed on NAND
(there the dialup- file was created by QtMoko). I copied and renamed the
file and rebooted from sd-card.
The content of "/etc/ppp/peers/dialup1310986139" is:
115200
lcp-echo-failure 0
lcp-echo-interval 0
novj
nobsdcomp
novjccomp
nopcomp
noaccomp
crtscts
ipcp-accept-local
noipdefault
modem
user "vodafone"
demand
idle 120
defaultroute
connect-delay 7
remotename dialup1310986139
Now I am able to dial in to the Vodafone network. I set GPRS- connection
to default gateway, but I can not get any webpage in Aurora or any
other  data (ex. "pings" on console). If I type in "ifdown usb0" (not
connected to PC!), then I can surf in web!?! Is this ok? Is there an
better easier solution? The route- command shows two default gateways (I
think this is the problem) and any ping s were done by using usb0-
device...strange. If I switch of the usb0- device, the route entry of
usb0 is automatically deleted and after "ifup usb0" this entry is
created again and getting data via "usb0" is possible.
--

Kind regaards

Sebastian Reinhardt