[qtMoko] Request needed to restore bluetooth

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Jun 2 23:19:03 CEST 2011

Guilhem Bonnefille wrote:

> I encounter a strange issue. Currently, my qtMoko refuse to start: it
> freezes with a SegmentationFault message on the framebuffer.
>
> After some investigation, it seems that the faulty is qpe. But I do
> not understand why.
>
> Looking at many many logs, it seems to be related to bluetooth
> unavailable when qpe initializing (last messages are around bluez DBus
> interfaces unavailable). So, I enabled bluetooth ('om bt power 1') and
> then restarted qtMoko ('/etc/init.d/qtmoko restart'), even after some
> bluetooth fixes ('/opt/qtmoko/bin/btfix.sh'). But nothing better,
> Segmentation Fault always occurs. Nevertheless, something strange
> occurs: bluetooth device is powered off, while it was on just before.

Hi,
i am not quite sure if it's really bluetooth. I'd rather try remove and
install again qtmoko package with apt-get - maybe the executable got somehow
corrupted.

Another option is to ssh to the FR, install gdb and check the backtrace:

apt-get install gdb
/etc/init.d/qtmoko stop
source /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env
gdb qpe