GPRS sharing => FR 'frozen' after some time

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Jun 6 08:47:41 CEST 2011

On Monday 06 June 2011 00:01:07 Hrabosh wrote:

> I was trying to use my FR (QtMoko v35) to provide Internet connection
> for my laptop  using GPRS connection.
>
> Unfortunatelly, after some time (one minute cca) connection to INternet
> failed (no ping to anywhere from laptop) and FreeRunner was not
> responging to any input from touchscreen.

I think hanging internet connection happens if you have modem multiplexing
enabled. If you disable it then the connection is much better. I hope this
will be fixed when start using FSO.

But i have no idea what could have gone wrong with qpe - as Timo suggested you
can use gdb or maybe strace to get idea.

Regards

Radek