Qtmoko : typing text without stylus

Tomas Nackaerts tomas.nackaerts at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 13:59:08 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 07 June 2011 23:04:55 Xavier Cremaschi wrote:
> On 07/06/2011 21:58, Xavier Cremaschi wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >> this guide (http://www.fragcom.de/server/fragcom_words) explains how to
> >> add a german dictionary to qtmoko. You need to adjust paths to the paths
> >> used by qtmoko, but under qtmoko ~v26 I got it to work an noticed
> >> predictive effects :-). I haven't tried for recent versions of qtmoko.
> >>
> >> Steps 6&7 for non-germans: replace en_US by de_DE in the mentioned file
> >> twice, and reboot freerunner.
> >>
> >> It also mentions the .dawg file is from a debian package called
> >> "wngerman", maybe something similar exists for your languages.
> >>
> >> Peter
> >
> > Ok I tried it with a french dictionary and also the original words.dawg
> > for en_US, and it doesn't seem to work for me :( Same behavior as
> > previously...
>
> It works with :
>      http://kewlcat.no-ip.org/openmoko/words.dawg
> instead of the dict I used.
>
> It seems dictionary in debian *spell packages are not in dawg format,
> and you can generate a dawg file from a list of words using qdawggen
> (but you need to build Qt to get it)... or go there and be happy :)
>      http://alasal.be/openmoko/keyboard/
>

> Xavier.

Very nice, typing works much better now. This was the only thing that was
missing in qtmoko for me.

I only have one problem:

I'm unable to use the special characters like é or à and also symbols (.,?) do
not work :-(
Somebody ideas to solve this?

I'v also added the information to the faq on the wiki

Kind regards

Tomas