Shiftd

Thomas HOCEDEZ thomas.hocedez at free.fr
Fri Jun 10 11:50:45 CEST 2011

On 09/06/2011 18:17, Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:
> Dear Community!
>
> (..)No circuit boards were printed. Steel tooling wasn't cut.
> Mass production didn't dent our view of reality. No. This time, ones
> and zeros were all it took to assembly Openmoko's fourth product:
> shiftd.com - A web service to bookmark, share, and discover videos
> worth watching.

I wish it have at least a small PCB board, or small things to solder...
I'm not fond of You-thing videos, and I'm not sure this is OpenMoko's
(OpenMobileKomunication) job to do this kind of aggregation tools.
Furthermore : I receive enough dents on identi.ca with links to videos :
that is the same job.

Idea #1:
I still wonder why Openmoko didn't work a bit on GTA04 project...

Idea #2:
Wikireader has USB capabilities, but I'm not smart enough to unlock it.
It could be really funny to use it (as a small info touchscreen,
interface, remote ...)

Idea #3:
I saw this week some really cheap phones (35€), with only phone/SMS
capabilities, but colour screen & BT. I bought one, but the OS is
totally crap & buggy. I wish I could update the code, compile & reflash
it with my own one...

Idea #4:
Easy navigation system (based on OSM), wifi enabled to sync (R/W) with
PC, to update infos from your desk to your car... & reverse !

Idea #5:
Build brand new projects based on the community ideas ...

Thomas, disapointed.