FreeRunner screen/case improvements (was: Shiftd)

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 11 11:59:16 CEST 2011

On Friday 10 June 2011, Martix wrote:
> Speaking about screen I prefer AMOLED displays. Advantages: higher
> contrast on sunshine and generally less power consumption than backlit
> LCD, especially with GUI based on theme with white or colored text and
> icons on black background. AMOLED with red GUI on black background is
> also great for preservation of night vision, great for astronomers
> etc. Also price is low.

I'd love a daylight readable screen, but in my experience AMOLED can't do it
either. I haven't compared side by side though. I guess TFT is cheaper than
AMOLED too, or ZTE wouldn't have switched screens for the later Blades. It's a
pity PixelQi don't make small screens. Mirasol is getting interesting too now
they've got an embedded frontlighting option.