GTA04A3 test progress

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Jun 18 13:56:13 CEST 2011

Am 18.06.2011 um 09:40 schrieb Thomas HOCEDEZ:

> On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 03:25:43 +0200
> Christoph Mair <ml at chonyota.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> finally here is a status update on the GTA04A3 board.
>> That's what I've done until now to test it:
>>
>> - attach power, serial console works
>> - boot from sd card (works)
>> - revert I2C-fix from u-boot and kernel -> works without: the hardware is ok,
>> the power supply issues are gone.
>> - test switches and LEDs (seems ok)
>> - turn GPS on and off (works, didn't wait for a fix yet)
>> - attach an external GPS antenna (was not recognized, maybe my antenna is
>> broken)
>> - boot debian and lxde (works)
>> - test touch screen (works)
>> - attach an USB cable (gives errors in dmesg, GTA04 is not recognized as USB
>> device, usb host not tested yet)
>> - add driver and firmware for WLAN (chip is recognized, driver seems to be
>> buggy, does not execute commands)
>> - enable bluetooth (without success yet)
>>
>> Enough for today, I will continue tomorrow.
>>
>> Good night,
>>  Christoph

> So many good news, I hope you will sleep a bit now, 3:25 am is a good time to go to bed!
>
> Do you have the GSM chip enabled ?

Well, the UMTS modem module is not yet soldered on
those two boards we have so far. The reason is that it
is a littele easier to test the internal USB port on which
the module is hooked up if the module is not connected.

And we wanted to reduce the amount of money we would
scrap, if the board did fail. But so far it looks good and
we finally can add one of those (expensive) UMTS modules.

BR,
Nikolaus