How to forward FreeRunner's audio ?

YoYo Siska yoyo at om.ksp.sk
Tue Jun 21 19:43:46 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 02:58:39PM +0800, Fong Yuenshu wrote:
> case 1:
>     I forward Xwindow to my Laptop already, when I dial someone on Laptop,
> but the sound came out from FR, and use FR's MIC.
>     So, in this case, I want forward "FR's sound" to Laptop, and "Laptop's
> MIC" to FR.
>
> case 2:
>     One of my desktop computer have no sound box, hence, I want forward
> "Desktop's sound" to FR.

I did this when I forgot my normal earphones at home and took only the FR
headset ...
you can just install esd (esound)  on FR (last time i tried it, it  was
in the shr feeds, but that was at least a year back), run it, connect FR
to the laptop and run mplayer -ao esd:192.168.1.202  file.mp3

pulseaudio could be a bit more "user friendly" if can get it running, ie
automatic discovery etc.. so that if you run it on FR and connect it to
your laptop, it would just pop a message that a new remote soundcard is
available... and you can move audiostreams from any application to that
remote soundcard... I have that running between desktop and laptop...
but it is still a bit unstable ;) and i don't think getting running it
on FR would be easy...

yoyo