How to forward FreeRunner's audio ?

YoYo Siska yoyo at om.ksp.sk
Wed Jun 22 11:15:05 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 10:55:05PM +0200, Giovanni wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 7:43 PM, YoYo Siska <yoyo at om.ksp.sk> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 02:58:39PM +0800, Fong Yuenshu wrote:
> > > case 1:
> > >     I forward Xwindow to my Laptop already, when I dial someone on
> > Laptop,
> > > but the sound came out from FR, and use FR's MIC.
> > >     So, in this case, I want forward "FR's sound" to Laptop, and
> > "Laptop's
> > > MIC" to FR.
> > >
> > > case 2:
> > >     One of my desktop computer have no sound box, hence, I want forward
> > > "Desktop's sound" to FR.
> >
> > I did this when I forgot my normal earphones at home and took only the FR
> > headset ...
> > you can just install esd (esound)  on FR (last time i tried it, it  was
> > in the shr feeds, but that was at least a year back), run it, connect FR
> > to the laptop and run mplayer -ao esd:192.168.1.202  file.mp3
> >

> The "file.mp3" is on the FR, isn't it? What is the exact syntax to access it
> from the laptop?
>
> mplayer -ao esd:192.168.1.202  ????/file.mp3
>
> best regards
> giovanni

that was for the second case, ie you want to play a file / something on
your laptop, but you want the sound to come out of FR's
speaker/headset... (otherwise you could just run mplayer on FR ;)

also for mp3 you could just stream the file to the FR and decode/play it
there (see the other reply), this was meant more for movies/interactive
apps that you want to run/see on your laptop... (though most apps now
don't support esd, so you would have to get pulse working...)

to access files from moko on laptop, you can always use sshfs:
mkdir ~/neo
sshfs 192.168.1.202:/ ~/neo
(enter passwd, or set up ssh keys)

yoyo